Did you know that there are over 250 SUHSD staff members on Twitter? Staff from all across the district are sharing learning and telling the Sweetwater story using the hashtag #suhsd. We even have a monthly district Twitter chat using the hashtag #suhsdlearns (named after this daily blog showcasing our community of learners!). Our next district Twitter chat will take place on Tuesday, May 9 from 7:00-8:00 PM. The chat will be moderated by three staff members from our Equity and Culture department, Sonia, Mariana, and Molly. We will be chatting about creating a safe and healthy school environment.
If you’ve never participated in a Twitter chat, it’s easier than you think! We have an entire page of Twitter resources available on the Professional Growth website here, but this is a mini Twitter chat tutorial:
- You need a Twitter account.
- It works best if you are on a computer, rather than a phone or ipad.
- It works even better if you use Tweetdeck.com, which allows you to view multiple columns at once.
- You type #suhsdlearns in the search box in Twitter or Tweetdeck and you will be in the right place!
- Our chat follows a Q1/A1 format. That means you will see one person tweet out Question 1 (Q1) and anyone participating can respond with their first answer by including A1 and #suhsdlearns in their tweet.
- Answer questions and chat (via tweets) with your fellow SUHSD colleagues throughout the hour.
- Have fun learning!
- Consider submitting a written or video blog about what you learned in the #suhsdlearns Twitter chat!
— Molly Ravenscroft (@m__ravenscroft) May 4, 2017
— Easter Finley (@erfinleysd) May 2, 2017
— Liliana Silva Diaz (@Dr_SilvaDiaz) May 2, 2017
— Sweetwater Schools (@SUHSD) May 2, 2017