Teacher Leadership Pathways 2017-2018!
Teacher Leadership Book Study Update
Book Study #2: Shift This: How to Implement Gradual Changes for MASSIVE Impact in Your Classroom by Joy Kirr.
Meeting dates (participants to attend one):
- Wednesday, January 24, 4:15-6:15 PM, PDC
- Thursday, January 25, 4:15-6:16 PM, PDC
Book Study #3: Overcoming the Achievement Gap Trap: Liberating Mindsets to Effect Change (Reduce Inequality in Education and Examine School Roles in Superiority and Victim Mindsets) by Anthony Muhammad
RSVP will be posted in December.
- 2/27, 4:15-6:15 PM, PDC
- 2/28, 4:15-6:15 PM, PDC
Book Study #4: Lead Like a Pirate: Make School Amazing for your Students and Staff by Shelley Burgess and Beth Houf
RSVP will be posted in February.
- 4/11, 4:15-6:15 PM, PDC
- 4/12, 4:15-6:15 PM, PDC
Teacher Leadership Academy
Do you want to make an IMPACT?
Are you prepared to lead for change?
If not you, who? If not now, when?
Materials for TLA Informational Meetings:
All TLA participants for 2017-18 have been notified.
Teacher Leadership Book Study (separate opportunity)
- Are you a teacher interested in developing as a teacher leader?
- Are you a teacher leader interested in collaborating with colleagues about enhancing your leadership without leaving the classroom?
- Do you enjoy discussing professional readings with other teachers in order to impact your students’ learning or your team’s productivity?
Come check out the SUHSD Teacher Leadership Book Study starting this Fall!
For Round One we will be reading and discussing The Innovator’s Mindset: Empower Learning, Unleash Talent, and Lead a Culture of Creativity by George Couros
- This book study is open to any teacher in the SUHSD.
- There will be two meetings and teachers will be paid extra duty to participate.
- The first meeting will be an orientation about the expectations of the Book Study.
- If you RSVP to attend and commit to participate, you will receive a copy of the book.
- Everyone who takes the book will be invited and encouraged to return for the second meeting, to discuss the book and how we can apply the principles from the book in our work here in the SUHSD.
- Each meeting will be offered on two different days; teachers wishing to participate may come to either day, as long as they attend one meeting #1 and one meeting #2.
Teacher Leadership Book Study #1 Dates:
- Meeting #1: 8/23 or 8/24 in the PDC
- Meeting #2: 10/17 or 10/18 in the PDC
Looking for personalized learning? See below (and the twitter tab) for some free online options!
CoffeeEDU: Another “unconference” created by educators for educators, this is simply a one hour meet-up of educators who want to talk to other educators about key issues in education.
Micro Credentials and Digital Badges: The new wave of adult professional growth is coming to SUHSD! Read here for research on micro credentials: competency-based, personalized, on-demand, and shareable. Did you know that Illuminate offers digital badges?
MOOCs: Massive Open Online Courses are offered FREE from universities around the globe – see below for some links to MOOC offerings. MOOCs are often self-paced classes available to individuals looking to expand their knowledge base in a variety of areas, with curriculum shared via videos, articles, and discussion forums for collaboration.
TED Talks: TED Talks are a great way to enhance your own professional growth. Browse the 2,000+ TED Talks available here to learn more about areas of your own professional interest.