Welcome to the School Counselor Induction website!
School Counselor Induction Program
The School Counselor Induction Program was created to support our beginning school counselors in SUHSD.
The School Counselor Induction Program is geared towards providing professional support and guidance to school counselors who are new to the profession. The program seeks to engage our school counselors in growth and learning opportunities so they are equipped to practice within a comprehensive guidance program model and have the tools to address our student’s needs.
Cohort members can expect to engage in mentorship, complete quarterly assignments, and attend quarterly workshops with the Counselor on Special Assignment. The purpose of these activities are to provide additional coaching, support, and collaboration in areas pertinent to members that further enhance their counseling skills.
School Counselor Community is a newsletter for school counselors in the Sweetwater Union High School District. Click on the link below to access the first issue. Doing something creative, new, interesting with students, parents, staff or the community? We would love to hear about it! To submit an entry email Liliana.firstname.lastname@example.org.
School Counselor Community – December, 2018 issue
School Counselor Community – October, 2017 issue
School Counselor Community – May, 2017 issue
School Counselor Community – June, 2019 issue
- Additional resources for counselors
Upcoming Professional Growth Opportunities
- College Board Counselor Webinars – Free counselor webinars focused on academic success, college admission, college financial planning, and counselor leadership.
Practicum or Fieldwork
Interested in completing your practicum or fieldwork hours in SUHSD? Click on the links below to learn more.
- Learn more about our district and what we have to offer
- Application for shadowing/practicum/fieldwork: Fieldwork Application – Fillable
- Procedures for shadowing, practicum or fieldwork placement
If you are a current counselor in SUHSD and are interested in being a counselor supervisor you must:
- Have a minimum of three years of school counseling experience
- Have attended a Counselor Supervisor Orientation
- Complete the Counselor Supervisor Interest Form (must be signed into your Google Drive account to access)
Liliana Silva Diaz
Counselor on Special Assignment (COSA)