- Are you a teacher interested in developing as a teacher leader?
- Are you a teacher leader interested in collaborating with colleagues about enhancing your leadership without leaving the classroom?
- Do you enjoy discussing professional readings with other teachers in order to impact your students’ learning or your team’s productivity?
Come check out the SUHSD Teacher Leadership Book Study starting this Fall!
For Round One we will be reading and discussing The Innovator’s Mindset: Empower Learning, Unleash Talent, and Lead a Culture of Creativity by George Couros
- This book study is open to any teacher in the SUHSD.
- There will be two meetings and teachers will be paid extra duty to participate.
- The first meeting will be an orientation about the expectations of the Book Study.
- If you RSVP to attend and commit to participate, you will receive a copy of the book.
- Everyone who takes the book will be invited and encouraged to return for the second meeting, to discuss the book and how we can apply the principles from the book in our work here in the SUHSD.
- Each meeting will be offered on two different days; teachers wishing to participate may come to either day, as long as they attend one meeting #1 and one meeting #2.
- Meeting #1: 8/23 or 8/24 in the PDC
- Meeting #2: 10/17 or 10/18 in the PDC
- RSVP here so we will be expecting you!
The author will be hosting a Massive Open Online Course (MOOC) called IMMOOC in October